The 2014 11th Annual
Albany Capital District
“Walk for Hope”
for Pancreatic Cancer Research
Sunday, Sept. 7th, 2014
Elm Ave. Town Park, Delmar, NY
Emcee: Kate Welshofer
At the event:
- DJ Mike Normandin, playing songs from the 60′s through the 90′s
- The Schenectady Puppet People
- Face Painters
- Purple Hair Extensions by Melanie Wagner of Shear Simplicity
- Pet Parade – 3 judges will pick the “winners” for best dressed pet, funniest pet, and cutest pet
- Pick-a-Prize auction
- 50/50 raffle – winner announced right after the walk
- Specialty raffles – Hannoush Jewelers has contributed a gorgeous bracelet
- Free coffee, tea, apple cider, apple cider donuts and bottled water for every walker
- SPECIAL this year – Four Corners Luncheonette will be on hand, selling post-walk lunches. 25% of the total will be donated to Lustgarten Foundation.
>> Click to see Shari and Neil’s great interview by Ann Parillo of The Schenectady Today Show, taped Tues. morning, Aug. 12th, 2014.
Shari’s great interview with Phil Bayly on Forum, Sunday 8-24-14:
Thank you to Rensselaer Honda for once again holding the Tom Gorman Memorial Golf Outing. This year, they raised $14,500.
Thank you to our 2014 Walk sponsors!
Email us at email@example.com with potential sponsors and we will gladly contact them to discuss options.
A heartfelt thanks to our hardw0rking committee for making everything run so smoothly!
Our 2013 Walk:
We raised more than $101,000 and had 500+ walkers!! AWESOME!!
Walk 2013 pictures are on Facebook: Click on each category to see the pics: Candid shots, Pet Pics, Team Pics, The Walk.
Last year, $101,000+. This year, the sky’s the limit!